Friday, October 1, 2010

Anger and Language

Somebody called me up and chewed me out, using derogatory language. I hung up on him twice. I didn't lose my cool. I refused to retaliate in kind. I was accused of being a trouble-maker and stuck up on myself. Upon reflection, the accusation was not way off the mark, but I didn't think I deserved the abusive language heaped upon me. We could always use some civilly.

What I have done, although not as much as I used since I have my own blog and since I joined another egroup, is to confront and expose cowardice, hypocrisy, indifference, ignorance, poor reasoning skills, and plain lack of patriotism in most of my friends and acquaintances. Most humans don't like to admit that they are ignorant, so they tend to show that they know more than they actually do. Since I am a fanatic about facts and truths, I love to correct those who are afflicted with the disease of not respecting facts and truths. In addition, since I have verbal facility and am blessed with an ability to express my thoughts in a logical and cogent manner, I tend to come across as superior and cocky. That disturbs quite a number of individuals who fancy that they are way smarter than me.

The long and short of the cause of many (?) people's unhappiness with me is that I shake up their lethargy and expose the intrinsic meaninglesness of their lives. Come on, when you refuse to do anything for your birth country out of cowardice and selfishness, you cannot really say that you have lived your life in a caring, responsible manner, can you? As a matter of fact, some animals would sacrifice their lives to defend their group.

I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment