Friday, December 6, 2013

Who is Wissai

Who is Wissai?

I dwell on the absurdist; I confront the nonsensical of the convention-bound, rule-oriented society and its denizens; I go to the jugular of life: its true meanings, its challenges, and how I am going to embrace those meanings and meet those challenges. 

In the process/quest of fulfilling those aspirations and inchoate imperatives/values which are markedly different from most of others, I invent and reinvent myself through the pursuit of risks, physical sculpting of my body, and relentless improvement on my mind. The last five years of my life have taken a frenzied devotion to the spoken Word and its manifestations: daytime speech and nighttime writing of poems and short stories where occasionally there are flashes of epiphanies and transcendence that make me quietly cry of joys, and shudder in amazement of self-validation. In the end, if we have honesty, we will meet ourselves in the road to discovery prior to our rendezvous with Death. If during our journey we have a life companion who understands and loves us unconditionally, and children who love us and appreciate what we have done for them, then our life, no matter how undistinguished it may look to others, to us it has a private fulfillment of passing on our genes and quiet acceptance of what life actually is.  

At my age, while sensible and practical-minded people read books on how to invest their retirement money and how to take care of their aging body, I read philosophy and study languages and prepare  myself to say farewell to all things and all the people on this planet. Right there I know once again I am different from most people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment