Sunday, December 1, 2013

More on Wittgenstein and Wissai

Wittgenstein once said something to the effect that philosophy is poetic and poetry is philosophical. Only those who travel in both philosophy and poetry like I do would understand what he meant. Wittgenstein read poetry and his philosophical thoughts are poetic flights expressed in concise, pithy, condensed, mystical language. Therein lies my attraction to his works although they are very difficult to understand although by instinct I sense that I have some affinity with Wittgenstein's thoughts. My mind is less focused than his. I like to roam. I am interested in many things, too many. I spread myself too thin. But I am who I am. Wittgenstein's project is now a lifelong thing, like an exciting, dangerous, but rewarding journey. I am travelling in a land of mysteries and groping for answers to the nature of realities and madness and creativity and limitations of thoughts and language. Very few humans can undertake such a journey, but I can. I am no ordinary man. 

You cannot understand me if you know nothing about poetry and philosophy and creative impulses. Stay away from me if your interests are confined to the pleasures of the flesh, power, and fame because none of those pleasures excite me. Ask yourself if you can write like the below:

I read what you've written.
Oh me, oh my, I got so frightened
By what I felt for you inside
And I couldn't help but cry
For me and for you, too.
If only, yes, if only you really knew
What and how I felt for you,
You wouldn't have written such a story;
If only you took the time and looked close at me
You'd have known that I really loved you
Anyway, how are you, where are you now?
I always wanted to reach you deep inside, but didn't know how.
Part of you was who I made you up to be;
The rest was the secret between you and the deep blue sea.
Between you and me are always words,
Too many words, but not enough understanding, no matter how you say
And a love for you that refused to go away.

wissai
August 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment