Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine, Valentino, Oh No!

Valentine, Valentino, Oh No!

You called me up and slyly said, "Happy Valentine's Day!"
I replied, "Thanks, the same to you."
Fretfully, you queried,"Was that all you had to say?"
My silence that ensued was the clue
I wished it was she, not you, who made the call to me
For she was my true Valentine, my Valentina
The one that functioned as a lee when I felt lost at sea
And in my mind I didn't have a scintilla
Of doubt she was my heart's desire
Of course, I could pick up the phone and call her
And tell her lately I had troubles sleeping at night
In her sweet, soft, susurrous voice, she would murmur:
"Roberto, mi amigo, what happened? Tell me why."
Then I would hem and haw, and probably tell a lie
But I wouldn't tell her because I thought of her too much
How badly I longed for her tender touch
How I wished I had a courage to bring her a bouquet
Of red roses today, on this year's Valentine's Day

Wissai
February 14, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment