Wednesday, November 28, 2012

BODHISATTVA

BODHISATTVA

I listened to your tale of first love
The phone pressed to my ear
I hoped you wouldn't stop talking
Even though I was not the man you talked about
Your chatter was like that of a chirping bird
You chatted about the "gentleman lover" being cold as stone
Sometimes the two of you were aloof
As if you two never loved each other

I listened to your sad story of love
(Your voice was cracking...it seemed to me maybe you were crying?)
"The man"...was not well versed in literary matters
He didn't seem to understand your love letters
The ones you wrote with blood and tears
He kept saying he would read them again one day in the near future
You unburdened yourself to me seemingly at ease
As if I were your... dear, dear friend
But how strange ... your tale of romantic love
Sounded so familiar to me
Like you, I kept chasing after the shadow
But if you were happy
That meant I was the same
My love for you had taught me patience
Though in pain I practiced charity
I didn't need to put on a monk's robe to show repentance
With the Grace of Bodhisattva--through you--I reached Nirvana

Rough Translation by Wissai
November 28, 2012

BỒ TÁT

Tôi ngồi nghe em kể chuyện tình đầu,
Điện thoại áp vào tai
Mong em nói mãi
Dù em nói về một người không phải là tôi
Ríu rít như chim,
Em kể về “ông người yêu” lạnh lùng như gỗ đá
Có đôi khi hai người như xa lạ
Như chưa hề có lúc nhớ thương nhau

Tôi ngồi nghe em kể chuyện tình buồn,
(Giọng em chùng … hình như là em khóc?)
“Chàng” … dốt chữ, thơ tình không biết đọc
Thư tình yêu
Em viết bằng tim óc
Vậy mà “ảnh” gom vào một góc
Cứ hẹn hoài … mai mốt sẽ xem
Cả nỗi lòng em thoải mái đem
Tâm sự với tôi như là … bạn!
Mà lạ nhỉ … chuyện tình em lãng mạn
Sao tôi nghe như chuyện của mình
Cũng như em, tôi theo bóng bỏ hình
Em hạnh phúc
Nghĩa là tôi hạnh phúc.
Bởi yêu em tôi làm người nhẫn nhục
Xót xa lòng mà cũng phải từ bi
Đâu cần chi phải sám hối, qui y
Hạnh Bồ Tát - nhờ em - tôi chứng quả.

Thơ : HOÀNG DU THỤY.
Apr 1st/05 Chapters – Edmonton South

No comments:

Post a Comment