Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Letter to Profesor Carl Thayer

August 18, 2009

Dear Professor Carlyle Thayer:

I have read your recent paper, Challenges to the Political Legitimacy of Vietnam’s One-Party State, with keen interest.

In reference to Point No. 3 on page 23 of the paper in which you stated that “the regime appears to have widespread legitimacy in society at large”, I thought you might find the attached pending Declaration of the Committee of Save Vietnam from China and the essay Vietnam in Crisis and What to Do about It written by me to be of interest.

For more information on the Declaration, please go to the website haokhidienhong where the Declaration and the accompanying list of supporters of the Declaration are posted.

I know you are an expert on the politics of Vietnam. I would be honored to hear from you regarding the views in the above documents.

Sincerely,

Wissai

No comments:

Post a Comment