Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Letter to a Puny Mind

My dear, dear, little Pee Vee, 

Yes, really!

"Fea" is the feminine adjective of "feo", meaning "ugly", and thus the polar opposite of "Linda" (masculine form is "lindo"), meaning "pretty".

My Spanish is shaky, but I do know the basics, having studied it at graduate level for a couple of years. Thanks to you guys, I am working on it to refresh my knowledge, especially I am going to spend some time in Spain for the remainder of this month. 

Don't get too mad at me. You might get a stroke and that would be very unfortunate. Believe it or not, I am not really taking what's happening to heart. It's been a learning experience for me. Life is nothing but an accumulation of experiences. Who knows, you, Ito, and Linda might learn to like me, given time. Most people do. Just ask Mr. Tâm Minh and Mr. Trần Quang Diệu, not to mention Mr. Giác Hạnh and several others who wish to remain nameless. 

By the way, don't be overly impressed by the psychobabble that Linda has uttered about me. She gleaned the information from the posts on my blog, which were laden with dreams and fantasies. The posts were merely the recording of my struggles with the English language. I have taken great liberties in putting words together in the blog. 

Bye now, I will keep you fondly in my thoughts. Learn to take what you diss out and be more respectful and circumspect with facts and truths. Don't think you can understand me that quickly. 

Tschüss! Ciao! ¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment