Saturday, April 25, 2015

Gambling and Hard-Earned Lessons

Gambling is really bad. If you don't know or don't like gambling, consider yourself lucky or smart or both, but you might not experience sensations and satisfactions only known to gamblers. Most gamblers lose, however, sooner or later. The odds stack against them as time goes on.  Nevertheless, poker is not a gamble, though it can be played in a gambling way. Poker is the best game invented by Man. It is like War. It's a game of strategy and courage and understanding of human nature. Most great generals and statesmen are good poker players. 

Gambling is attractive/ appealing to bad elements of human nature: greed, "cheap" fun, and self-destructiveness. 

Everything in life is a game. One must know the rules and adhere to them in order to win. Everything about me reflects in what I write in my "stories". 

The following was what I wrote in the wee hours of the morning. They are not elegant, but contain "deep" truths. My life has been a journey in search of truths and meanings of life. 

"Hard Lessons 

1. Truth is most likely to emerge when you're connected, not only with others but also with yourself. Fear is what holds people back, fear of hurts, of rejections, of failures. Most humans are wrecked by fear and insecurity. The more honest and timid ones would internalize their sense of inadequacy while the dishonest, aggressive, and stupid ones would act like scumbags and assholes. They know nothing about the importance of silence. They are the ones that need to be exterminated like vermin.  

2. To get through life unscathed, we must exercise a great deal of self-control especially with regard to one's speech. We only speak when we are spoken to. We must be taciturn and reticent, and speak what others want to hear, not what we want to say. If you want to be listened to, talk to your dog. 

3. Love is almost always conditional. People talk about unconditional love, but I have not personally seen or experienced it, have you? 

5. To live is to be misunderstood, hence to feel lonely. Then we get sick, and then we die. Life is a bitch. However, we must learn to love the Bitch because it's the only one we have. I don't believe in reincarnation. I believe in the possibility of love, but only mature and smart and loving individuals receive love. Love, as I've been saying ad nauseam, is the conflation and conflagration of respect and affection. 

4. Stay away from vain, selfish, lying, stingy, and stupid assholes. Sooner or later, they will make life unpleasant for you. 

4. Talk Therapy is good. I understand why people need to unburden themselves and talk about things that bother them. I did that for 30 years concerning BF. I don't talk about her anymore. She is not worth it. She is not as good a person as me, I belatedly realized. She doesn't have as big a heart as I do. And she never loved me anyway. It takes a long time for some love lessons to sink into my stupid brain. I am definitely stronger emotionally than I used to. Everything in life has to do with experiences and the ability to learn from them."

No comments:

Post a Comment