Saturday, November 15, 2014

Cherry Baby

Cherry Baby

Once upon a time 
When I was young and green,
Barely in my teens, 
Love hit me really strong 
Day and night she occupied my mind.
Finally, I haltingly let her know 
How much I cared, 
But the way she said to what I had to say
Made my feelings evaporate into thin air.

Months and years went by;
I was no longer young and green.
Gray, not blue, was the color of my sky.
I looked old and sometimes talked mean.

Then I met you.
Something hit something in the air.
We both sensed it,
But we pretended we didn't care.
However, the thing didn't go away, at least for me. 
It lingered on and on.
The little things you did,
The words you said,
The way you looked at me, 
Made me change.
I feel young again;
Hot blood is coursing through my veins;
I now talk nice and I exercise.
Am I getting to be an old fool by dreaming of the moon?
At my age I should be content with tending my garden 
And reading books
While preparing for my death that's coming soon.
Instead, I am thinking of you
Day and night as I did before
When I was young and green, those days of yore.

I thought I was definitely through with Love.
Little did I know Love kept hunting me down.
This evening a feeling is turning true
And I know the feeling is you,
I now realize with exhilaration.
I want to shout:
Love has no date expiration.
But I won't say so to you,
Not directly, not to your face.
I've learned from my mistake:
Certain things are better off unsaid.
I want to preserve this magic
That I'm feeling deep inside.

Wissai
November 13, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment