Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Hot, Throbbing Heart

I have a hot, throbbing heart 

I don't believe
There exist
People who love only 
One person.
That's possible, but very rare. 
On the other hand
There are those who love nobody.

What's about me?
All through my life
Those I really love are fewer than five,
But I have plenty of amourettes.

I am a woman
So why do I dare love so easily, 
And open my heart far and wide?


Why say out loud

Things that should be kept inside?

Am I not afraid to be looked down?


A lady friend of mine

Recently kindly advised me 

That I should not be too free

In expressing my feelings, 

That I should not openly confide 

In writing poetry,

That I need to be discreet, subtle, and light,

And not too trusting and naive,

I would invite scorn and contempt, otherwise.


Truly speaking, her words hit me hard for days.

I was tempted to stop writing poems for good.

Like everybody else, I wanted to be cherished,

Not to be derided, for what I write.


But after a few days, 

My old defiant self arose. 

I now proudly proclaim

I am who I am

I write poetry the way I like!


If you like what I write, that's fine; 

If not, it's also all right.

I am who I am:

Sometimes humble and vulnerable, sometimes full of pride,

I've trained myself not to be discriminating

Between men and women,

Between hearts of women and those of men.


Everybody, men or women, 

Each one of us

Has a hot, throbbing heart!


Translated by Wissai

November 11, 2014


Một trái tim


Tôi không tin

Những người nói

Suốt một đời, chỉ yêu có một người!

Có thể 

Nhưng rất hiếm

Cũng rất có thể

Có những người

Sut một đời

Đã chẳng yêu ai!

 

Còn tôi?

Một đời tôi

Yêu tha thiết, thắm thiết

Đếm chưa đầy một bàn tay

Còn yêu vặt vãnh, vớ vẫn, gọi là tình bạn, 

thì nhiu lắm!

 

Đàn bà mà

Sao dám yêu lung tung, phóng khoáng, nhiều như thế?

Sao dám mở trái tim mình ra

Nhét thật nhiều vào??

 

Sao dám nói ra

Những điều không nên nói

Những điều không cần thiết

Không sợ người ta khinh?

 

Đọc thơ tôi

Một cô bạn –có lòng tốt- đã khuyên

Tôi không nên…. phô bầy, san sẻ nhiều như thế!

Nên làm thơ úp mở, kín đáo, nhẹ nhàng

Đừng quá tự tin, khờ khạo

Vì có nhiều người sẽ khi dễ, xem thường, khi họ đọc thơ tôi!

 

Nói thật, tôi đã buồn vài ngày

Muốn gác bút cho rồi, làm thơ chi nữa?

Ai cũng muốn được thương yêu, quí mến 

Làm thơ để người ta “look down”, tội gì làm??

 

Nhưng sau vài ngày

Tính bất cần đời trỗi dậy

Tôi là tôi, tôi là thế đấy

Thơ tôi làm, theo ý của tôi!

 

Bạn muốn đọc, tốt thôi

Không đọc, cũng tốt thôi

Tôi là tôi

Đôi khi tự hào (?!), muốn khiêm nhường, đôi khi hơi yếu đuối (vulnerable)

Tôi tập cho tôi, từ lâu, chẳng bao giờ nên kỳ thị

Chẳng nên phân biệt: đàn ông, đàn bà

Chẳng lẽ tim đàn ông khác với đàn bà?!

 

Ai cũng có 

Một trái tim, nóng hổi!

 

AnneDeux

9/16/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment