Friday, October 14, 2011

You called me at three am

You called me at three
In the freaking morning.
I said, "Allo, bueno. Como estas, bonita?"

You said, "Did I wake you up?"

What kind of question is that?
You think I do nothing but stay awake waiting for your call?
But anyway, why do you call?
Haven't heard from you for months and years.
I thought you were dead.

I can't sleep. I am lonely. And I miss you.

Miss me? For real? You were the one that played hard to get!

I know. I was stupid. I heard you had a girlfriend and you looked happy and younger.

You heard it wrong. I am a married man.

Then who is the woman who hovers over you when you play cards?

That's my landlady, my pawnbroker, my bodyguard, my lucky angel.

I don't give a damn who she is.
I was stupid. I could have you, but I was too proud
To let you know I liked you a lot.

Escuchame, bonita. It's three in the morning.
I need to sleep.
Your timing is something else.
Adios. Lo siento mucho.
She is just a friend, like you.
All my friends are women, you know that.
I am nobody.
No power. No fame. No money.
Don't cry.
Love is an illusion.

Roberto Wissai

No comments:

Post a Comment