Monday, July 4, 2011

Tropic of Cancer revisited

Finally it happened and far better than you had imagined. She hoarsely said, No please, but she didn't take back her hand. She was breathing hard, eyes looking straight at you. And you knew. You drew her closer. You felt a tremor in her body. You then kissed her, on the mouth. She at first refused to part her lips. Then suddenly, she sucked in your tongue with such force that it almost flew out of your mouth. A new, unknown feeling swept over your body. You had done French kissing before, but this was more than French. It was Vietnamese, American, primordial and primeval, urgent and hungry, and full of love and longing. Then she stopped and said, please love me long and tender. And you complied.

When it was over, you knew you were entering uncharted waters. Words swirled inside your head. Music was filling in the air. And you asked her sing again your favorite song of Truc Phuong which you recently translated into English.

"Who would give me a love
full of innocence, poetry, and dreams.

I would welcome her with open arms
And lead her into my heart,
While my lips press upon hers.

But I am only dreaming.
That's why my heart is sobbingly lonely
It flutters its wings, but has yet taken off in love.
I call out for love to land on my heart,
But love has yet found its way.

Night after night, loneliness briskly enters my bedroom,
Cold winds get to my heart, and stars fall off the sky as the night is drawing to a close. 
The quiet house is full of bitter memories, so my soul is taking an aimless stroll.

Who would fall for me, so we can join in a predestined union?
I would love her all my life
Please, oh, please, don't be shy,
My heart is choking...."

No comments:

Post a Comment