Friday, December 24, 2010

Strange Christmas Eve

This is getting to be the strangest Christmas Eve I ever experience. In about 16 hours, I am going to know the true nature of a person. I think I already know, but to be 100% sure, I have to wait for the extra 16 hours. I am getting wiser so I don't jump to the conclusion yet. I have patience.

Never mind the wait. The damage has been done. I move on to a new plane of consciousness. I just took a leisurely hot--I mean hot, not just warm-- enough bath that I almost got myself boiled. As I get older, I don't like taking the shower. Instead, I like to submerge myself in a bathtub, full of soapy hot water and let the accumulated tension melt away from my body.

I was back in bed, trying to catch up with some lost sleep. As I was visualizing vistas of peace and tranquility to trick my mind into a state where it could just let go so I could get my body recharged, the phone rang. I looked at it. It was my only friend in this wide world.

-Hi, asshole, I was trying to sleep.
-Sleep? At this hour? What happened? You were out late last night on a date?
-Silvio, stop talking in rhyme, you ain't no poet. I've had problems sleeping these days. Things are bothering me again.
-Roberto, listen, mi amigito, how many times do I have to tell you? Stop being so fucking sensitive. You've got to be strong and hard, and don't give a fuck. Just like me.
-I wish I could be like you.
-Very easy. All you need is a reorientation of attitude and act as if you got it. Fake it till you make it. The importance is to know what "it" is.
-So, tell me!
-Look at me, do I sulk and brood and be mired in misery like you? Of course not. Because I know how to live, know how to assess the world and the assholes in them. I don't give a rat's ass about most people because I know they are assholes who are also cowards, who lie and cheat and pretend to be nice and if I have a chance, I will get rid of them. I don't let them bother me to the point I lose sleep. I know their true nature. They are animals, Roberto. Animals! You are not. You are a superior being. You have a sense of honor and responsibility. You read. They don't. You keep improving your mind. They do not. They think having a college degree means they are "educated". Look at the way they talk. No logic and no solid facts. More importantly, you have love in your heart. They do not. They live just like animals, all concerned with themselves. Look at what and how they write on the Internet. All about nonsense and trivia while the House of Vietnam is on fire. I just don't know why you keep associating with animals like those and then you complain they bother you. Keep the fuck away from them!
-Good advice, my friend. Now will you just get the hell away so I can get some sleep. By the way, have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year, too.
-Same to you. That was what I called you for.

No comments:

Post a Comment