Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Life, Love, and Loneliness

Life, Love, and Loneliness

Tammy called me up just as I was about to close ”the office” down and called it a day. She said she must come over and see me at once. She couldn’t wait. I told her that unscheduled session for after hours would cost her one and half rate of the usual consultation fee. She said she didn’t care and would be in my office in thirty minutes. 

I have a consultation business. I untangle the entanglements of the human heart and to ease the burdens on the human mind. The business is not thriving. Most of my clients are women and I get them through word of mouth. I don't advertise my business as I don't have a professional license and I don't want to pay taxes. All the transactions are on cash basis. I keep no records. And my ”office” is actually my spare bedroom functioning as my study where I keep books and do my writing. Tammy has been a client for many years.

She arrived all excited and smiling. 

-I have a new boyfriend and he will fly in tomorrow. 

-Congratulations! So what's the problem? Is he married or what? 

-Give me a break! I’m not that type. I ain't no home wrecker. I want you to show you his photos on Facebook and his texts and tell me what you think about him. 

I must admit that I was impressed by Tammy. She was no raving beauty and not of much education and money, but she seemed to catch boyfriends left and right. The problem was that they didn't last, and not because of her inadequacies in bed. Once, she grinned in telling me she knew the ”Art of Pleasure” and wasn't unfamiliar with Kama Sutra. She even tried to come on strong to me, but I deftly deflected her advances. She wasn't my type. Too materialistic, too connivimg, too unstable. She was a devotee of Tantric Buddhism and a rather generous disciple and supporter of a Tibetan monk. I didn't want to tell her that the monk was taking her and her fellow disciples for a carpet ride. She didn't ask my advice about the matter and my attitude was that if people wanted to be exploited, that was their problem, not mine. I myself was a victim of exploitation many times, though not in religious matters, and thus should refrain from dissing out unsolicited advice. There are matters a human must learn on his own. 

After studying the photos and the texts, I spoke:

-Congratulations again. He’s even younger than you. That’s a plus. The guy is legit. He has a good job, a manager with a good company. The company is very big, although the business is in a downturn because of the decline of the price of oil. Regardless, the company is too big to fail. And the business is going to bounce back. It looks like there will be a shooting war with Iran anytime now. Plus, that war in Yemen must come to a conclusion. It can't go on forever. The shooting on oil tankers and the bombing on oil pipelines and terminals war will resume. That will make the Iraq-Iran War 40 years ago a child’s play. That’s going to drive up the price of oil sky high. But how did you meet this guy?

-On Facebook. He was following me for some time and insisted on being my friend. I was reluctant at first. He lives far away and seems to be way above me in education and money. But he persisted. I finally gave in. I figured I had nothing to lose but time. And then lo and behold, he’s been coming on strong. 

-Listen, Tammy, I’m going to speak frankly. That’s what you’re paying me for. The man is impulsive, lonely, and a very good catch for you. He’s falling hard for you. But, based on your romantic history, you must ask yourself a question whether or not you really care about the guy or he is just a financial savior for you. Everything has a price. Sometimes the price is very high. This guy is serious, emotional, and not quite stable. You must treat him with devotion and tender loving care. Don't use him. Don't play with him, otherwise he may flip out and liable to do something stupid. 

-But how the hell you know all this, just from looking at the photos and reading some texts?

-I just know. Call it a gift. That’s why you’ve been coming here for advice and counsel. I’ve been right. And you know it. You know I know something about the human heart. 

-You’re scaring me. Should I tell him not to come?

-That question indicates you aren't that serious with him. No, you can't just tell him not to come. That's too late now. Let him come. You will know if he really turns you on. 

-Let me ask you a question, if I may.

-Go head. What is it?

-Don't get mad. But I always wonder, if you’re really so knowledgeable about the human heart, then how come you're lonely and don't have a girlfriend. I've followed your blogs. I've read your posts on the Net. 

-You are here to talk about your problem, not mine. And you are aware that you are paying for my time. Right? I don't feel comfortable to talk with you about myself and then charge you for it. It just isn't right. We can talk about it if we are out on social chitchat. 

-In that case, would you like to be a dinner with us when my boyfriend is here? Please come. I want you to meet him.  I’m willing to pay for your time.

-Let me think about it. You don't have to pay for my time while I have dinner with you and your boyfriend. Congratulations again on having a new boyfriend. Be nice and gentle with him, please. 

Wissai 
July 8, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment