Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Day The Music Died

The Day The Music Died


Somebody told me the other day you had died
I said, "Is that so? Of what and when?"
He replied, "Where have you been? Her plane fell out of the sky.
So sad, so beautiful, so much to live for.
But what happened? You don't cry, don't you love her anymore?"
I said nothing, just clicked off the phone after saying goodbye.
What could I say to him, the one who knew I loved you so?
How could I tell him The Day The Music died 
Not when he told me the news of your sudden demise
Not when I realized loving you was so much pain to me
For a long time in moments of despair I called out for your name,
You appeared in my dreams night after night
Because of you I lost all my carnal desires.
I knew loving you was insanity and puerility all the same
Still, several things came out good from this crazy love of mine
I learned French and others and really tried to improve my mind
I worked on my body and  I had some good money for a while.
Now, just when I thought I was finally free of you,
Somebody called me up and told me you fell out of the sky,
Making me go through one more time The Day The Music died

November 20, 2013
Wissai

No comments:

Post a Comment