Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thirty-One to Forty

Thirty-One to Forty

31. My brother, you must always listen to your intuition, the inner voice, and be alert for its warnings while chasing women. There are many fishes in the sea. Sooner or later, you'll catch the one you want. Be sure the fish you caught wants you, too. Everything, including love, associated with human behavior and enterprise is a game. You must follow the rules of the game if you want to be a winner while not losing the higher values and principles you possess. Meanwhile, don't be shy. Be cool and talk with ALL women to hone your skills and experiences. I had had many years of failures when it came to women before I hit upon a winning formula: be attentive and nice, but be cool and indifferent if things don't work out. Remember, you must recognize that to live is to experience loneliness, aloneness, disappointment, indifference and even cruelty at the hands of others. Be cynical, if you must be, but you must not be cruel in return. Turn your head and walk away from animals and beasts before they contaminate you. 

You are a very fine human with a lot of love for fellow humans. Happiness starts from love. Other teachers go into teaching for paycheck and power trip. They make themselves unhappy. We get out of life of what we have put into it. Karma, brother, karma. Stay away from losers who ironically would tell you that you are a loser, not them. Those assholes are unaccomplished, untalented, and lazy cowards. They would never recognize the superiority in a person like you or me. A very first thing a real, authentic human being must do is to know who he is and his place in the world. Fuck all the losers! A bitch told me several times that the reason my English is better than hers because she came to the U.S. later than I did, and that she was too fucking busy working to support her two kids by herself. Fuck, she conveniently overlooked a glaring that my English is way better than that of 95% of the native speakers of the language. When I open my mouth at the poker table, the players are marveled at my ability to handle English and several of them have asked me if by any chance I am an university professor. Once a cognitive science professor who sat next to me complimented me on my English and asked me where I got my education. I am known in poker circles as an intellectual who is well-read and can talk about many subjects, not counting the fact I have been a winning poker player. Fuck, and these two fucked-up, stupid, little, ugly bitches had the gall to tell me that I was a loser! That infuriated me and spurred me to do more intellectual work to improve my mind. In late October and early November of 2014, I will go on a trans-Atlantic and Western European cruise. My finances are back in order. I certainly don't regard myself as a loser at all. Fuck, I hate all the motherfuckers who dish out gratuitous, baseless insults which are the products of self-projection and self-hatred. 

32. Chết là Hểt
Không thiên đàng, không địa ngục. Chết là hết. Ai không tin như thế, đầu óc chưa cởi mở.

Chân lý về lẽ sống và sự chết không phải chỉ có người Cộng Sản tin theo. Những khoa học gia, những ai có học thức, biết lý luận, và can đảm độc lập tư tưởng chống lại sự nhồi sọ về thiên đàng, địa ngục, đầu thai (reincarnation), thượng đế, và nhiều huyền thoại vớ vẩn khác, đều biết rằng cuộc sống giữa các sinh thực vật, tuy có tương quan nhau vì sự tiến hoá (evolution) nhưng cái giá trị của mổi sinh vật (organism) đều ngang nhau. Chỉ có những kẻ tự hào là con người nhưng ngu và dốt mà không biết mình ngu và dốt (không biết chổ đứng và chân giá trị của mình) nên mới tưởng rằng mình "hơn" chó.

Xin lặp lại, chết là hết. Chưa thấy ai và bất cứ sinh thực vật nào chết rồi sống lại bao giờ. 

Còn tin vào nhị nguyên (dualism) là còn bị tẩy não. Tâm linh và thể xác là hai trạng thái của một sinh vật, liên hệ và hỗ tương với nhau, không thể tách rời. Khi thể xác ngưng hiện hữu, tâm linh cũng "tiêu tùng".
 
The above was written (in stages) as a reply to stupid and ignorant humans who fancy that they are in the know about the meanings of life and existence, and as a rebuttal to stupid assholes and scumbags who think that I cannot express myself in my mother tongue. The truth of the matter is that I have yet found any Vietnamese who regularly posts on the Internet worthy enough for me to take them seriously. I posted my comments to their asinine writings because I could not stand their stupidity and ignorance anymore. They then opted to remain silent instead of pursuing a dialogue with me for fear of being further publicly ridiculed and humiliated. Fuck, I wasted my time commenting on their shallow, ignorant posts but silence might be misconstrued as concurrence, that was why I spoke. Ignoramuses had to be told that they were ignorant, otherwise they thought their views and positions were unassailable.

Back to the meanings of life and existence, I need to meditate further on the thoughts of Heidegger about being in the world and of Sartre on the interplay between being and doing. 

LONDON — Days after the apparent beheading of a British hostage held by Sunni militants in Syria, the parents of a 26-year-old American similarly threatened have released parts of a letter from him in which he says he is “obviously pretty scared to die.”

But the American, Abdul-Rahman Kassig, an aid worker and medic who converted to Islam last year, said in the letter, released late Sunday, that “the hardest part is not knowing, wondering, hoping and wondering if I should even hope at all.”

The letter was said to have been dated June 2, more than two months before the militants first claimed publicly to have decapitated a Western captive, the American journalist James Foley.

Last week, Mr. Kassig was shown in a video from the Islamic State militant group that purported to show the decapitation of a British taxi driver, Alan Henning. Mr. Henning was taken prisoner last December as he tried to deliver humanitarian relief supplies in Syria.

The news of his death dominated newspaper headlines and talk-show conversations in Britain, increasing pressure on Prime Minister David Cameron to extend Britain’s participation in the air campaign against the Islamic State, also known as ISIS and ISIL, and join American warplanes in attacks on targets in Syria. Mr. Cameron, like President Obama, has ruled out the deployment of ground forces.

Last month, Parliament limited the role played by British Tornado warplanes, which are based in Cyprus, to hitting targets in Iraq. But in the anger aroused by Mr. Henning’s death, some Britons have called for the deployment of Special Forces to hunt down the man portrayed in successive Islamic State videos as the killer of four captives so far: two American and two British.

The masked figure speaks with what seems to be a British accent.

In a statement accompanying the portions of the letter they released, Ed and Paula Kassig of Indianapolis, the captive’s parents, urged people to refer to their son by the name he adopted upon converting to Islam, Abdul-Rahman, and not by his birth name, Peter.

The parents have said that their son spent “a brief time in the U.S. military” before traveling to Lebanon in 2012 on spring break from college “to work there as a medic and humanitarian worker.”

In his letter, Mr. Kassig wrote: “I am very sad that all this has happened and for what all of you back home are going through. If I do die, I figure that at least you and I can seek refuge and comfort in knowing that I went out as a result of trying to alleviate suffering and helping those in need.”

“In terms of my faith, I pray every day, and I am not angry about my situation in that sense,” the letter said.

It ends with the words: “I wish this paper would go on forever and never run out and I could just keep talking to you. Just know I’m with you. Every stream, every lake, every field and river. In the woods and in the hills, in all the places you showed me. I love you.”

Mr. Kassig’s parents said their son’s “journey toward Islam” began when he observed the monthlong fast of Ramadan in 2013. But he converted “sometime between October and December 2013,” after his capture “when he shared a cell with a devout Syrian Muslim.”

“After converting, he took Islam’s practices seriously, praying the five daily prayers and taking on the name Abdul-Rahman,” the parents’ statement said. “We see this as part of our son’s long spiritual journey.”

(To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment