Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wisdom

I finally listened to my intuition. What helped me was the greed and unfairness of the other party. As I get older and closer to my demise on this planet, I realize false pride and greed are the two usual defects that cause sufferings in this world. I used to have them, too, but I got rid of them about two years ago. Ever since, I have been more at peace with myself.

Talking about pride, yesterday one 60-year-old man lamented and got upset over being dumped by a nympho married woman. He said that he had never been dumped before. Everybody laughed about his obvious lie. I tried to save his face by saying that he could have said the truth. I then added that I was dumped all the time and there was nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, I was grateful that some women dumped me, I said. That remark made everybody laugh, including myself. You see, getting dumped may not be a pleasant experience, but if looked at the right way, it could be a highly educational process because it would force us to really go through a soul-searching exercise and consequently may learn a lot about ourselves and others.

Nowadays I try to conduct my self with a lot of love and grace. I don't always manage to do that. There are many relapses and reversions to juvenile behavior. Anyway, I talk less than I used to. And if some assholes piss me off, I try to keep my mouth shut and stay away from them. I belatedly realize that I may initially attract people by my looks, but to keep them I have to be mindful of my speech and my conduct. Who I axm is more than how I look. It's what I say and do in addition to how I dress and present myself to the world. I have stopped listening to conflicting voices. I now listen to one voice, the voice of good and understanding, the voice of acceptance, the voice of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment