Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sad but not unexpected ending to a saga

When I was in my second year of college, I came across a concept that "Character is Fate" while studying Shakespeare. Ever since I have found the concept a powerful explanatory tool to understand myself and others.

While everybody struggles to find meaning and purpose in their existence on this planet, few are honest enough to admit that most at the time their lives lack zest, meaning, and purpose. On the contrary, they falsely assert to others that there's nothing wrong with their lives while the truth of the matter is that if death comes unexpectedly for them,, that would be a blessing and a relief, rather than a sad ending to a dynamic, exciting, and meaningful life. I posed that rhetorical question to a common and unaccomplished woman. She gave me a cowardly and dishonest answer that pissed me off so badly that I decided to stay away for good because quite frankly I cannot hang around stupid but vain people. Her answer made me realize that an unexamined life is indeed worthless and a wasteful consumption of resources.

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment