Thursday, May 26, 2011

Memoir 6

The following words are more applicable to me than anybody else. I'm mentioning them in order to show I am not blind of my shortcomings and my tendency of  backsliding to old habits:

The way to increase the size of the positive energy field around us is to eliminate revenge and condemnationwhile cultivating love and forgiveness. 

Many people who think they are superior to others tend to become self-indulgent and self-centered and thus are harsh and cruel in their assessment and judgment of others. It is in fact their smallness that makes them think they are big. 

True superiority is quiet and very moderate in its expression if it has to make its presence felt. Superiority is much better acknowledged than loudly insisted. Tooting one's horn is crass and childish. We are no longer children. Please stop acting like them. As St. Paul gently reminded us, once we reach adulthood, we should leave our childish ways behind.

I wrote the above after going through a meditation of the nature of annoyance and anger. I was not trying to justify myself at all. What I was doing was to show I had not only awareness of others, but also of myself, and to establish a dialogue with myself about the necessity to confront reality, which is what it is, not what we wish it were (most humans tend to have an over-inflated view of themselves, and I am one of the worst offenders). 

After so many words spilled on paper, I don't think most people understand me at all, which is kind of surprising, but that's okay. I often think my personality is a litmus test of the character of others. In other words, how others respond to my somewhat unusual personality reveals, unwittingly to them, their normally hidden character.

Old age should not be used as an excuse for an obstacle to growth. Such an attitude is a cover-up for cowardice and lassitude. Growth comes from an awareness and then a courage to change for the better. Once again, some persons who take pride in thinking outside the box, they tend to rely on cliches and trite expressions in their search for escape hatches in order to save face.

Despite articulating quite clearly what I wanted to say, I could not help but think of the disrespect that Agnes and Laura once had for me and my own intense annoyance with the Houston Midget for his cheeky email. His stupidity once again proved sometimes assholes would hang themselves if we just give them a rope. I have quite a distasteful feeling for him now. I would chalk that one for part of experience

No comments: