Sunday, April 4, 2010

Literary Topics

War, Love, Family Discord, Emotional Growth, and Environment are standard topics for writers to mine. Recently I came across prize-winning books about a prosmicuous mother dying violently by hands of strangers and of an alcoholic, lying father living his last days as a homeless person. I, fortunately, didn't have parents like those. My parents were responsible, loving, though somewhat harsh in their words and physical punishment of me prior to my adolescent years. I was not that lucky in the department of love although I was married numerous times and had girlfriends galore. I had a traumatic experience with a girl I met in college and I've been quite messed up ever since. Thus, it is no surprise at all that love is all I write about since I know quite a bit about it. Today, I had a long chat with my daughter. I told her she had to learn to get along and love her parents because there is nothing sadder and more traumatic than family estrangement. She listened and finally agreed with me. I told her that her parents, in spite of their faults, always had her interests at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment