Tuesday, August 31, 2010

True Character and Nature

True Character and Nature

Humans are complex social intelligent beings. They instinctively know the values of camouflage, deception, betrayal, and ruthlessness in the struggle for survival and supremacy. Yet they also know about the soothing and balming effects of solidarity, love, compassion, and truthfulness. So, when they interact with one another, they probe, test, and look for which camp their interlocutors and associates and opponents belong to: the animalistic camp whose credo is to win no matter what or the truly human camp where higher ideals and values are observed and followed.

I have personally fought many verbal battles. I can safely report with high degree of confidence that most humans I have fought with could not resist in reverting back to the animalistic heritage. Only a few fought with fairness and dignity, citing facts and displaying cogent reasoning in the service of truth as they see it. Once I see very clearly the basic animalism which dominates the personality of my opponents, I stay away from them for good. And I get down on my knees thanking the stars, my parents, and the confluence of various forces that gave rise to the emergence of an entity which is me, which is beautifully human in the nobler sense of the word, because I was tested and I have never fought in a dirty, animalistic manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment