Thursday, October 31, 2013

Set Fire to the Rain

Set Fire To The Rain

Adapted from Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain"

Once, a long time ago
I let my heart show
And I let it fall for you
But one thing I never knew

My hands were strong
But my knees were weak
Without you, I felt wrong
And couldn't stand on my feet

There was a side of you
I never, never knew
All the things you'd say
They were never, never true

All the games to me you'd play
You'd always, always win
You kept me under your sway
And you didn't think that was a sin

One day I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I thought of your face
It burned while I cried
As it screamed for my name

Yes, I set fire to the rain
And threw both of us into the flame 
I felt something inside me die 
Since I no longer feel the same

Sometimes I wake up on the floor
I feel smoke, I feel rain
You're with me no more
Yet I still scream for your name

Wissai
May 5, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment